*GROUP CLASS AUG INTAKE* Kids Sewing Course: Beginners 1 - Machine Sewing
*SPECIAL GROUP CLASS AUG INTAKE*
- Develop hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills by learning the foundations of machine sewing
- Kids will make 5 projects in 12 weeks
- Kids will receive a completion cert at the end of the course
- Kids are required to bring a sewing kit along for every class. Sewing kit can be purchased with us (RM25) or on your own (a list of items will be given).
- No experience or knowledge in sewing required
- Each group will have a maximum of 8 kids
- Classes are held weekly on the same day and time. Please see T&C below.
Monthly Fee: RM140 (4 classes)
Course Duration: 12 weeks
Age: 7 - 14yo
Duration of Class: 1 hour
Intake Date & Time (Class will be the same time each week, except during holidays):
- Group A: Starting Tue, 20 Aug - 4.30pm
- Group B: Starting Wed, 21 Aug - 3.30pm
- Group C: Starting Thu, 22 Aug - 4.30pm
- Group D: Starting Fri, 23 Aug - 2.30pm
- Group E: Starting Fri, 23 Aug - 3.30pm
- Group F: Starting Sat, 24 Aug - 11am
- Group G: Starting Sat, 24 Aug - 1.30pm
*Do contact us to check on availability before booking.
**The membership discount is not applicable for this course. If discount is applied, the difference will be collected for the course to be confirmed.
Please read our T&C before signing up -
- To cancel class, 24 hours notice is required or class will be forfeited.
- Regular replacement class needs to be attended before the next class.
- For forfeited classes, RM35 will be charged per replacement class.
- If the student is unable to complete project within the schedule, extra time can be added at RM15 per 30 min.
- If the student forgets to bring the sewing kit, a rental kit will be charged at RM5.
- Full T&C here https://www.makershabitat.com/legal/terms---conditions
The Maker’s Habitat Kids Sewing Course is specially developed for children aged 7 - 14. Your child will learn the life skill of sewing through fun, creative projects. From sewing simple bags and pouches to making their own clothes, each child will learn how to sew confidently on a modern sewing machine and also by hand.
Sewing is a great activity for children to develop their fine motor skills, hand and eye coordination, and promotes creative thinking. The art of sewing requires focus and concentration, especially when operating a sewing machine. They will learn about the relationship of colors and patterns as they select their own unique combinations of fabrics for each project.
Sewing also encourages logical thinking as their hands work on constructing a 3D object from a flat piece of fabric. When it comes to mistakes, children will learn creative problem-solving, and practice patience in dealing with mistakes.
The completion of each project produces a deep sense of accomplishment that can boost a child’s confidence and esteem. The Kids Sewing Course is a curriculum that grows with your child's abilities while allowing them to express their creativity through their creations. Each child will take their completed projects home, and will receive a completion cert at the end of each course level.